Midface Cosmetic Evaluations
The midface, referring to the area just beneath your eyelids, descends with time, and affects the appearance of the lower eyelids. Restoring the midface structures to their normal position greatly improves the lower lid contour.
Over years, the normal youthful contour of the lower eyelids and cheek often changes. In some cases, a “hollowed-out” appearance of the lower eyelids creates the image of perpetual shadows under the eyes.
The two main causes of the “hollowed-out” lower eyelids are:
- descent of the soft lower eyelid tissue, and
- relative flatness of the cheek bones.
The lower eyelids are continuous with the midface, and are best considered as a combined unit.
We are unique, in that we perform a complete evaluation of the midface and lower eyelids, including all of the following:
- Identification of “tear-trough deformity”
- Identification of malar hypoplasia
- Evaluation of SOOF descent
- Inspection of the skin and muscle tone
- Measurements of eyelid position
- Measurements of lower eyelid canthal tension
- Inspection of eyelid symmetry
- Relationship to surface conditions of the eye
- Eyelash position and health (using bio-microscope)
- Tear production testing
- Eye examination (anterior segment, using bio-microscope)
After determining the factors causing your midface and lower eyelid appearance, we customize a Cosmetic Treatment Plan for you based on a wide array of options:
- SOOF Lift
- Tear-Trough Implant Placement
- No Skin-Incision Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
- External Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
- Periocular Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Arcus Marginalis Release with Fat Repositioning
- Repair of Lower Eyelid Canthal Tendon Laxity
Laser is used in certain options, and tends to reduce swelling and bruising.
We look forward to discussing with you these options, and more, in a complimentary personal consultation.